Series of 4 DVDs
Instead of a "patchwork" approach to bullying, implement a comprehensive, coordinated school-wide approach! This one-of-a kind video series contains all the tools that schools need to implement a comprehensive bullying prevention program. Unlike other programs, it offers practical, tried and tested strategies at the classroom, school and district levels.
The ABCs of Bullying Prevention program is developed by Dr. Kenneth Shore, a psychologist, family counselor and nationally recognized author who specializes in school psychology and children with special needs.
The ABCs of Bullying Prevention:
· Is a comprehensive school/community-wide series
· Provides strategies to address bullying, if and when it occurs
· Provides specific steps for bullying prevention
· Meets eligibility criteria for Title IV-21st century schools
Each of the 4 DVDs includes separate content for administrators, teachers, paraprofessionals, and parents.
The viewer will be able to:
· Understand the pervasiveness of bullying in schools.
· Define characteristics of bullying and its various forms.
· Identify the consequences of bullying for its victims as well as for the general student population.
· Identify ways to promote a caring classroom culture in which students come to the aid of bullying victims and/or report incidents to adults.
· Recognize behavioral signs in a student that suggest that he or she may be a victim of bullying.
· Develop skills in counseling students who have been victims of bullying.
· Learn strategies for providing discipline as well as guidance to students who have been bullying others.
· Understand how to work cooperatively with the school to deal with a situation in which your child is being bullied or your child is doing the bullying. (for parents)
The accompanying, newly revised (2011) books, written by Dr. Shore, are valuable resources for your school community. Includes a new "bonus" chapter on cyberbullying.
Includes 4 DVDs and 4 Books. To order the Resource book separately, see related products below.